- Centers and Institutes
Centers and Institutes
The interdisciplinary nature of faculty in SEAS is best demonstrated by the variety of research centers, programs, and institutes with which they are involved. Research and publications within SEAS encompasses diverse environmental and societal issues and challenges worldwide, and spans the pure and applied natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities. For more information on research and creative projects in SEAS, or for faculty lists, please visit the websites of individual departments, centers, and institutes.
Centers, Programs, and Institutes
The School Environment, Arts and Society (SEAS) houses many of FIU's prominent centers and programs including:
- Center for the Humanities in an Urban Environment
- Center for Excellence in Writing
- Institute of Water and Environment
- Southeast Environmental Research Center
- International Center for Tropical Botany
- Marine Education and Research Initiative
- Tropical Conservation Institute
- Sea Level Solutions Center
- Everglades Observatory
SEAS actively encourages the formation of new research groups to enhance its ability to facilitate new interdisciplinary research and interactions with decision makers.