- About Us
The vision of SEAS is to foster the sustainability of the planet and its societies through inspirational teaching, stimulating creative works, groundbreaking research and global community engagement across disciplines.
By bringing together the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, the mission of SEAS is to find solutions to address environmental challenges and train students to become innovative leaders of the 21st century.
Because the world’s environmental challenges are multi-dimensional, SEAS houses FIU’s prominent multi-disciplinary research centers and programs including:
- Center for the Humanities in an Urban Environment
- Center for Excellence in Writing
- Institute of Water and Environment
- Southeast Environmental Research Center
- International Center for Tropical Botany
- Marine Education and Research Initiative
- Tropical Conservation Institute
- Sea Level Solutions Center
SEAS strives to bring about positive, tangible changes through key partnerships at local, national and international levels.